Getting lucky & the art of persuasionDavid Patrick
Business management guru, Tom Peters talks about how to engineer luck in business. Here’s our random top 11 from his list of 50:
- At-bats. More times at the crease = more runs.
- Try it. Cut the crap and get on with something
- Just do it. Ready. Fire. Aim. (Instead of Ready. Aim. Aim. Aim.)
- Hire odd people. Boring folks, boring ideas
- Don’t back away from passion. “Dispassionate innovator” is an oxymoron
- Pursue failure. Failure is success’s only launching pad
- Constantly reorganise. Mix, match, try different combinations to shake things up.
- Listen to everyone. Ideas come from anywhere
- Nurture intuition. Trust your inner ear.
- Open the books. Make everyone a “businessperson,” with access to all the financials
- Spend 50 percent of your time with business partners & suppliers